Xbox One Error 0x803f8001 occurs when you leave the game idle for sometimes and you will receive an error message as “Do you own this game or app?” When you become unable to sign in or connect to Xbox one, then there is a possibility which can generate this Xbox Error 0x803f8001 on your screen.
It is a minor issue, which is essential to resolve on an immediate basis. But it can become permanent if it is not sorted out with the help of the steps mentioned on our blog.
Main Causes of Xbox One Error 0x803f8001
Users can experience several technical glitches when Xbox One Error 0x803f8001 occurs on your PC.
- Xbox One game disc is not in the console
- You become unable to sign in to the Xbox One Console even after downloading the game
- You cannot sign in to account.
Steps to Fix Xbox One Error 0x803f8001
Method 1: Use Power Cycle Xbox One
- Press the white power button for a few seconds on your Xbox One.
- Turn off the console
- Unplug the power cord and wait for a few seconds
- Then plug it back
- Turn on the console again
- Update it.
Method 2: See the Xbox Live Status
- Check all the alerts
- Wait for the services to get started
- Try to open the game again
Method 3: Sturdy Reset
- Click on the left button to open the Menu on the directional pad
- After it, choose All Settings option
- Then system and Console Info & Updates
- Choose Reset Console
- After it, Reset and remove everything
Method 4: Reinstall the Game
- Click X on both searches and reinstall the game
Method 5: Fix all the download Issues
- Download and install the latest version of Windows 10
- Check the Graphics Card, then download and update the graphics card drivers
- Reboot the system
- Log out from the Microsoft account
- Sign in again to Microsoft account in the Windows Store
- Search the game
- Navigate to the Library and click back on the games
- Proceed to the further procedure to update this game.
Users can also dial Xbox Support Phone Number anytime. It is a toll-free number and you can contact us round the clock.